Friday, April 09, 2004

Underblogged of late but I saw a story in SLATE yesterday that got me excited, ready to publish again.

The story is about marshmallow peeps and explores the origin of the inexplicably popular sticky chicks. From the lead paragraph:

...fanatics maintain Web sites featuring everything from Peep erotica, dubbed "Peep Smut," to an inventive online movie called "Lord of the Peeps,"

I thought that a little look at Peep erotica would be an excellent way to celebrate Good Friday.

Alas, google searches on "Marshmallow Peep" + Erotica and "Marshmallow Peep" + Smut give hits for...the SLATE story.

If you just search for PEEPS+EROTICA or PEEPS+SMUT then indeed there are heaps of hits. However I should point out two things to Rachel Deahl of SLATE :

1) There are establishments that provide booths with windows allowing patrons to view or "peep" erotic dancers.
2) Contemporary slang sometimes uses the word "peeps" to mean "my colleagues"

Sadly, I cannot link to any peep wanking fodder because it doesn't seem to, you know, exist.

I don't really see myself covering the courthouse or asking to be embedded with troops overseas when I work as a journalist. Rather, I assume that I will be covering the peep beat myself and it's aggravating to find such sloppy reporting.

Didn't bother looking for Lord of the Peeps.