Friday, March 26, 2004

Every once in a while Amazon sends me an email that says, since you've bought A in the past, perhaps you might want to buy B today.

Today I got an email plugging the new DMX movie and the email starts out:

Dear Amazon.com Customer, As someone who has purchased urban-themed products, we thought you might like to know that Never Die Alone, starring DMX and David Arquette, is now in theaters.

"urban-themed"???

I realize they aren't going to come right out and say, "We've noticed that you've bought some CD's by black people. There are black people in this movie; perhaps you'd like it as well." although that's the message.

I'm looking forward to an urban theme park. Ride the Latin Kings Log Flume and such.

I read (and enjoyed) THE CORRECTIONS so maybe I'm also on the list for someone who buys suburban-themed products.