Monday, March 01, 2004

A day off from work today; took delivery of my new mattress & boxspring though didn't manage to dispose of the old (they are now propped up against a wall in my bedroom) some bike repair and some good yet unfulfilled intentions regarding laundry and homework.

Here in front of my computer thinking about The Daily Me. For those of you not in journalism school, the idea is that consumers can pick what THEY think is important and track news that follows that topic. As the link suggests, Walnut Farmers can track Walnut Data on the web without depending on intermediaries (i.e. journalists).

The importance of this is clear when you think about, say, Howard Dean. If you consume only the media I was consuming in December, you would conclude that Dean was a lock. Clearly this was not the case.

I bring this up because it seems like Bush is super-vulnerable right now and I can't tell if that's actually true or if it's just what I've been reading/exposing myself to.

So I've added the Fox News site to my daily rounds. I'll keep you posted.