Saturday, August 09, 2003

Why blog? asked my friend Todd Y who lives in the sticks, bless his heart.

Hmmmmm.

Well, partially because of what I said about my brother who creates independently of those who consume.
And partially because, when I google myself online, I don't find me.

I gotta say, I have no beef with the other Andrew Reynolds-es out there.

In a Tony Hawk video game, there is a scenario called Chicago and a skater named Andrew Reynolds. I can't make the link work but here's a url:
http://members.aol.com/dvs9303/REYNOLDS/
Anyway, Google shows you lots of fans saying things like "I scored 30,000 points with Andrew Reynolds in Chicago!"

There is also a book called The International Idea Handbook of Electoral System Design by "Andrew Reynolds, et. al". This seems really cool to me. Apparently this Andrew spent some time in South Africa since he has also written books about their political system(s). Since I named my blog "blogojevich" after our governor here in Illinois, Rod bl*A*gojevich (say "bluh GOY uh vitch") it pleases me that other Andrew Reynoldses out there, when not skating in Chicago are coordinating teams of folks doing deep thoughts on electoral systems. Go fellas.

This, then, is why I blog.