Tuesday, November 25, 2003

In Mass now, Worcester, for Thanksgiving. Typing on a Mac so that sucks although I convinced the goddamn machine to give me back my cd (not to actually PLAY it, mind you). But happy to have computer access and dsl at that.
We ate toasted ham and cheese on pumpernickel and watched OLD SCHOOL which I hadn't seen and totally enjoyed. Debbie and Andrew went to bed and I came in here.
About being here and being named Andrew. Debbie's longtime boyfriend and recent husband is Andrew but there is also a stop on the train line (the Alewife to Braintree line, and aren't those cool names?) called Andrew.

"Now entering Andrew!" says the intercom recording as you roll to a stop inside the station. Yes, lets!

Made brandied fruit last night. This is for my office's totemic presents. Last year I made chocolate ricotta and cherry-vanilla ricotta breads for those. And this year I'm making brandied fruit. This is trashy but oh so good. They made it at the restaurant I worked at in Nashville and sold it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Equal parts of brandy and sugar with canned pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges and frozen, pitted cherries, in the fridge, 3 weeks or so. The fruit starts to ferment and the sugar completely dissolves in the brandy making a syrup. Like jello shooters but with fruit cup instead of gelatin. Good over ice cream or pound cake or just in a bowl (high octane, though). So that will go over well at work and that's one less thing to sweat.

Clearly I am sleepy as I have devoted a lot of real estate to my brandied fruit plans. Who says blogging is self-indulgent? Anyway Happy Thanksgiving Week.