Sunday, September 28, 2003

Hip deep in homework so a quickie blog here.

First of all, the Cubs won yesterday so we are all very excited here on the North Side of Chicago (southsiders are cranky and bitter because their White Sox came close but not close enough).

Someone on WBBM News Radio spoke with a ticket broker who said his cheapest seat for the playoff game against the Atlanta Braves is $325. The reporter found that 1)There are still tickets available at the box office for the games being played in Atlanta and 2)It's cheaper to fly to Atlanta, stay in a hotel, and see a game there than to buy the cheapest ticket from a broker here.

This is a common story in Chicago...we had the final pre-Broadway previews of THE PRODUCERS and once again, cheaper to fly to New York and see the show there than to buy tickets from brokers here.

I kinda, sorta root for The Cubs (I would have rooted for The Sox as well which marks me as a deeply unserious baseball fan, a charge I don't deny) but I really root for The Democrats which makes me especially proud of The DNC and their new blog which they call DNC: Kicking Ass.

I would prefer living in a culture that had respectful discourse between those who hold differing opinions. But since I live here, I'm thankful that my guys are showing a willingness to brawl.