Saturday, February 03, 2007

I suck at predicting the future. For instance, there was a period last spring where I went on and on to my dad and brother about how I thought Joe Biden really seemed plausible as a candidate for president. Although while on the presidential timeline, I'm going to say that McCain will exit the race because of his role in the S&L crisis of the late 80's, not because of Iraq or being insufficiently conservative for the wackos or whatever.

If you had told me a year ago that I would not only run for exercise but that I would be so eager to run on a Friday evening after a stressful week that I would brave 6 degrees Farenheit (before calculating the considerable wind) to do it, I would not believe that prediction. Nevertheless that is what I did yesterday.

I did stop on my way home from work at a yuppie but not dreadful Army Navy store for one of those ninja mask thingies. The clerk was not a dick when I kept calling it a "baklava" which I think is a prudent approach for someone selling a $30 piece of lycra.