Saturday, March 04, 2006

There's a story about Gene Simmons of KISS in today's LA Times. I'm easy when it comes to Kiss stories and I ignored the rest of the news to read the entire three page "Outrageous Entrepreneur" story. At the end there is a little bio with the usual facts one might expect (former schoolteacher, sold a bunch of records, appeared on "Miami Vice," etc.) but there was one fact that stood out for me:

...briefly managed Liza Minnelli's recording career

It's not quite the same as independent confirmation but GeneSimmons.com does include the Liza detail (also that he discovered Van Halen which seems way more plausible.)

The Gene Simmons site has the bio, the discography, the links that take you to, among other things, this listing of reviews/pics of Kiss Expos held recently in Louisville and Indianapolis. There is also a feature called "Ladies in Waiting." These are like little personal ads that are meant just for Gene. Here's Lilly who poses in an American Flag bikini:

Hi! I am outgoing,passionate,and wild(sometimes):)The reason I want to be a Lady in waiting will be to get more exposure,of course,and because I actualy Am a Lady in waiting.......Waiting to pursue my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!

Between the Ladies in Waiting and the pics of Kiss conventioneers at a Q&A with Peter Criss, I have to say that GeneSimmons.com is incredibly depressing.