Sunday, October 16, 2005

The White Sox are going to the World Series!
I don't care much about baseball but it's exciting when a local team is in a big-ass championship. It was fun with the Bulls and since neither they nor the Bears are going to do anything any time soon, the White Sox is what I have to work with. Cool. My boss and several of my co-workers are diehard Sox supporters so they'll all be in good moods for a while.

Enough baseball, on to love. I hung out with my friend Katie yesterday. She was feeling low because she had gone to a wedding where the couple had written their own vows. As Katie described them, "they were full of that 'a dove shot out of my heart' type stuff." She was low because she realized that if she and her fella were to write their own vows, hers would have to begin, "Our love is like a fat kid with a bucket over his head trying to make his way through a hedge maze."

I'm happy that when I repeated all of this to Alex he 1)Laughed as hard as I did and 2)Agreed with me, that far from being a depressing analogy, it is an apt and kind of romantic one.

Also I really like Katie's intention to play "Green Onions" by Booker T and the MGs as her processional.