Monday, September 13, 2004

Drew Barrymore was just on THE DAILY SHOW demonstrating why it is that people have a contempt for the liberal media elite.

She has just completed making a documentary about young people and why it is that they don't vote (and attempting to encourage them to vote).

Fine.

"We made it totally non-partisan," she told Jon Stewart, "which was another one of those words I didn't know before we did this film. I was like (whispering) 'what is 'non-partisan?'"

I think it's lovely to suggest to young people, to anyone, really, that voting is a good thing and that it's in one's best self interest to do so but I really prefer that whoever is making the case has a better grasp of THE RUDIMENTARY GODDAMN VOCABULARY OF THEIR TOPIC.

Is it just me or is it totally idiotic to say "people should be involved in ________" and gallop off with a video camera before one has fully determined what exactly ______ might be. Voting, recycling, the plight of some refugees, really if you ask me to care about your topic I think that you should care enough yourself to be able to answer some F.A.Q. on the subject.

Pouting and saying "because it matters" is not a substitute.