Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Alex has begun blogging and I'm awfully thankful.

In his 2nd post he points out that it takes some work to find out who the candidates/parties are and what they stand for.

I think to myself that I'm interested in politics but actually what I'm interested in is more like vulgar name calling. Democracy, in and of itself, isn't that exciting to me. Finger pointing, catchy slogans, stuff like that-that's what I enjoy. I don't care about baseball but Chicago's subway series is going on right now with the White Sox playing the loathed Cubs...I know all the reasons for liking/hating both teams even though I couldn't possibly care less about actually attending a game.

Canada has more than just two parties which sounds like nirvana to lots of U.S. voters. It might make for a better government (Canada seems to be more on the ball than the U.S. in so many ways...a government that serves the people, for instance) but it makes it harder to cast the parties as heroes and villians, the part that I like.

I was supposed to see Prince last night but the Purple Pain is feigning illness and the show has been re-scheduled. Re-scheduled to Thursday, July 22nd and I thought to myself "uh oh...isn't that the last evening of the Democratic Convention???" Yes, I actually gave some considerable thought to whether or not I should stay home and watch hours of television which would contain not one single surprise vs. going to see Prince.

I'm going to see Prince. Although I may have to get Tivo before then...